Hey! It’s your girl Julie!
Keeping it real with you all day every day so that insanity and bankruptcy don’t become part of your design plan. I’ll show you that you can afford to decorate your room – design is not just for the rich. I’ll design from my laptop and you’ll DIY in the comfort of your home, with my easy to follow e-Designs.
A bit about me…
I am super passionate about Interior Decorating and breaking design down to the tiniest compound so that you get it and it’s no longer confusing.
When I’m not creating magic on my laptop designing rooms, you can probably find me… nope who the hell am I kidding? Correction; you will find me stuffing my face, or chasing after one of my four munchkins or chillaxin’ with the hubby.
Although I’m shit scared of heights, I will one day get over it by bungee jumping, skydiving and zip lining (maybe all in one day!). Call me crazy, but I’m a dare devil at heart.
So here I am ready to help you up your design confidence and finally create the room of your dreams.
I know you’ve been harassing the sh*t out of google searching for ways to decorate your room and that can be exhausting!
Give it a rest and go back to doing something that you are confident about not messing up, something that you enjoy and leave the decorating to me.
If you are feeling my vibe, then I can’t wait to work with you girl. Take a look around here
Some things you may not know about me…
- I’m the middle child (I grew up with two sisters, but between my dad and mom, I have 2 older sisters and 6 brothers)
- I was 17 when I had my first child (while my friends were thinking about what they were going to do when they graduated HS, I was thinking about how I was going to raise my baby). I waited almost 10 years to have my second child because I understood early on that my little girl is watching my every move (plus our actions determine our fate and I wasn’t about to become a statistic).
- I’m half Dominican and half Guatemalan (yes, my mom is tiny) and I grew up in Jamaica, Queens.
- We moved around like crazy when I was younger because my mom was trying to keep a roof over our heads – she was a single mom (about 10 times. I swear, our friends thought we were running from the cops! lol)
- Growing up, my bedroom was in our kitchen. We lived in a studio apartment and the biggest room was the kitchen so my mom divided the kitchen, put in a bunk bed and our bedroom was born (I shared it with my older sister). Embarrassing as hell, but it worked. (I get my resilience from my mother).
- I met my husband online and it turns out that he already knew my father and half brothers since they were neighbors long before we met (crazy right?)
- My favorite color is green. I really love black too, but I’m trying to add some color to my life.
- I live with depression and anxiety and what gets me through it is therapy, meditation, journaling, yoga and of course my love for Interior Decorating.
Wondering how I became an Interior Decorator?
Click on over here to read my AHA moment or watch the video below.
Want to stay in touch with what’s going on at RedoYourRoomOnline?
I make sure to keep in touch on the regular with my awesome subscribers whether it’s by sharing FREE decorating tips, a bit of what’s going on here behind the scenes or to just say what up! Don’t get left behind….